Cherry blossom season is one of the most beautiful times of the year. The United States is home to many beautiful places where you can see the stunning blooms of these pink and white flowers. Here, we will highlight 16 of the best places where you can see cherry blossoms in the U.S.
1. Washington, D.C. – This is one of the most famous places in the country to view cherry blossoms. The annual National Cherry Blossom Festival brings more than 1.5 million visitors to the city each year to view the 3,000 cherry trees that were gifted to the United States from Japan in 1912.
2. Brooklyn Botanic Garden, New York – This beautiful garden is home to over 200 cherry trees, which burst into bloom in early April. The bloom season is celebrated with a cherry blossom festival, where visitors can enjoy live music, food, and traditional Japanese cultural performances.
3. San Francisco, California – The Japanese Tea Garden in San Francisco is a popular place to see cherry blossoms. This beautiful garden features a traditional tea house, koi ponds, and many cherry trees that bloom in the spring.
4. Portland, Oregon – The Portland Japanese Garden is another beautiful place to see cherry blossoms. This garden features a traditional Japanese teahouse, a tranquil pond, and many beautiful cherry trees.
5. St. Louis, Missouri – The Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis is home to many cherry blossoms, which bloom in April. Visitors can enjoy guided tours of the gardens and attend special events during the blooming season.
6. Nashville, Tennessee – The annual Nashville Cherry Blossom Festival takes place in late March or early April. The festival features live music, cultural performances, and over 1,000 mature cherry trees in bloom.
7. Macon, Georgia – The city of Macon is known as the “Cherry Blossom Capital of the World”. The city is home to over 300,000 cherry blossom trees, which bloom in late March and early April. The city hosts an annual Cherry Blossom Festival each year to celebrate the blooms.
8. Honolulu, Hawaii – The cherry blossom trees in Honolulu have a unique pink color. The trees bloom in early February and are celebrated with the annual Cherry Blossom Festival.
9. Bowling Green, Kentucky – The annual Bowling Green Cherry Blossom Festival celebrates the blooming of over 700 cherry trees in the city. The festival features food, music, and cultural performances.
10. Boston, Massachusetts – The Arnold Arboretum in Boston is home to many cherry blossom trees that bloom in April. Visitors can take guided tours of the gardens and attend special events during the blooming season.
11. Seattle, Washington – The Seattle Japanese Garden is a beautiful place to see cherry blossoms. The garden features a traditional Japanese teahouse, a koi pond, and many beautiful cherry trees.
12. Rochester, New York – The annual Rochester Lilac Festival also features many beautiful cherry blossom trees in bloom. Visitors can enjoy live music, food, and cultural performances during the festival.
13. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – The Morris Arboretum in Philadelphia is a beautiful place to see cherry blossom trees in bloom. The arboretum features over 12,000 plants from around the world, including many cherry trees.
14. Salem, Oregon – The city of Salem is home to many cherry blossom trees that bloom in the spring. Visitors can take guided tours of the city to see the blooms in full display.
15. Richmond, Virginia – The Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden in Richmond features many beautiful cherry trees that bloom in the spring. The garden also features a traditional Japanese teahouse and koi pond.
16. Virginia Beach, Virginia – Red Wing Park in Virginia Beach is home to over 150 cherry trees that bloom in the spring. The park is a beautiful place to see the blooms and enjoy a picnic or walk along the lake.
In conclusion, the United States is home to many beautiful places where you can see cherry blossoms. From the iconic sights in Washington, D.C., to the lesser-known hidden gems in Salem, Oregon, there is a place for everyone to enjoy the beauty of these stunning blooms. No matter where you are in the U.S., be sure to visit one of these 16 places to experience the magic of cherry blossom season.